Two (2) scholarships of $500 will be awarded on July 31, 2020
To be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Provide official school transcripts demonstrating a B (70% or 3.0) grade point average or better in three 40S courses (including English)
- Review the following resources:
- Danan, Karla. “Jezebel.” Youtube, uploaded by Karla Danan, 10 Dec. 2018, [private link removed].
- Madarang, Catalina. “The History Behind the Philippines’ Culture of ‘Colorism’.” Interaksyon, 11 Jun. 2018, https://www.interaksyon.com/breaking-news/2018/06/11/128496/history-behind-philippines-culture-colorism-skin-discrimination.
- Nadal, Kevin. “Out Talk with Dr. Kevin Nadal, Episode 1.1: Microaggressions.” Youtube, uploaded by Kevin Nadal, 15 May 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EijZrhvGg8.
- Pasion, Abby. “Addressing Toxic Behaviors in Filipino Families.” One Down, 7 Jan. 2020, https://www.one-down.com/addressing-toxic-behaviors-in-filipino-families-your-mind-our-movement.
- With reference to at least two of the references and using the MLA style guide, complete a 500 word (2 pages double-spaced) typed essay in response to the following question:
- How does an open dialogue about mental wellness impact the way Filipinos engage with the global community in the future?
Successful applicants are subject to an interview process via Zoom
on July 14, 2020 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Download the application now!
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020